Policy Operation Support Internship
The PROAKTIF Program
Poverty Alleviation and Comprehensive, Inclusive and Adaptive Social Protection (PROAKTIF) is a three-year partnership between the Government of Australia and the Government of Indonesia, to strengthen Indonesia’s social protection policies and systems. A central feature of the program is that it provides support to the Policy Team of the National Team for the Acceleration of Poverty Reduction (TNP2K), a policy think tank which provides evidence-based policy advice and coordination across a range of GoI ministries and agencies. This longstanding partnership has contributed to Australia and Indonesia’s joint goals to address poverty and inequality and reduce barriers to inclusive economic growth. PROAKTIF has two outcomes, first, to facilitate TNP2K in making an effective contribution to reforming and improving poverty alleviation programs; and second, to optimize TNP2K performance, including in the promotion of gender equality, disability and social inclusion (GEDSI) and performance monitoring.
About DT Global
DT Global is shaping a future where sustainable development and innovation empower individuals, communities, and nations. We work in partnership with local stakeholders to foster inclusive prosperity, social equity, and environmental stewardship. Our global team of 2,500 staff and experts work in over 90 countries to solve complex problems in the peacebuilding, governance, economic development, environment, and human development sectors. With a track record of technical excellence and more than 60 years of international development experience and relationships, we deliver innovative solutions that transform lives.
For more information, please see www.dt-global.com
The purpose of this internship is to support the overall Policy Operation Team TNP2K activities, especially in reviewing and analyzing poverty alleviation policies and programs. Moreover, the intern is also expected to support the whole Policy Team necessary data and information regarding (extreme) poverty reduction policies, assist in updating of the national poverty alleviation programs implementation, develop program brief and provide support in the programs’ monitoring activities especially on subsidy policy reform.
Click on the link or copy paste it to access the full Terms of Reference for this position:
It is expected that the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Fresh graduate or final year student in social sciences, economics, or other relevant fields.
- Fast learner and have a high willingness to learn.
- Have experiences in collecting data related to poverty or public policy.
- Have experiences in working with a team.
Good understanding of Indonesia’s (extreme) poverty reduction issues, strategy, policies, and programs.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to interpret and present research findings.
- Good presentational and writing skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office and other productivity applications.
Interpersonal Skills * Can effectively communicate internally and externally, share information with colleagues, clients, and management.
- Able to work and provide prompt response to client requests.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Dedication to work in teams.
- Able to work very effectively with a range of staff from different backgrounds.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently during assignments.
- Can handle multiple tasks effectively to meet deadlines.
Fluent in written and spoken both Bahasa Indonesia. English is an advantage.
Promoting Gender Equality, Disability, and Social Inclusion (GEDSI) is a key focus of PROAKTIF. Applicants with knowledge or experience in GEDSI issues will be highly regarded by the selection panel. Desirable GEDSI skills and experience include:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in gender equality, disability, or social inclusion.
- Experience in GEDSI-related policy development and gender-responsive budgeting for governments
- Experience in programs promoting women’s leadership, decision-making and economic empowerment.
- Experience and/or knowledge of disability inclusion in Indonesia.
- Experience in study/research/data analysis related to GEDSI and GEDSI-sensitive research methods.
The internship program will get a monthly stipend/allowance which includes transportation, meal and incentive allowances. The total amount is deemed all-inclusive including tax and no additional payment will be made, except for approved travel related expenses. Tax derived from this payment will become intern’s responsibility.
Why join PROAKTIF?
At PROAKTIF, you will be part of a high-performing, innovative and collaborative team that provides analysis and advice on key policy areas in longstanding partnership contribution to Australia and Indonesia’s joint goals to address poverty and inequality, reduce barriers to inclusive economic growth, and maintain stability.
HOW TO APPLY
Click the ‘Apply Now’ button.
Please submit * Your CV
- A cover letter addressing the selection criteria
A combined 1 (one) pdf file consists of your CV and a cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria, Essential Experience and Knowledge, and Desirable.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 26 December 2023 , 17h00 Jakarta Time.
Should this role be of interest, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Kindly note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
DT Global is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. We are committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH), and bribery prevention. DT Global is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women, men, people with diverse backgrounds and people living with disabilities to apply.
This program is funded by the Australian Government and Managed by DT Global.
Lamar Pekerjaan Ini